“RE” Means Again

“I’ve never seen you like that,” he said in the church parking lot. My husband, looking at me with a different light in his eye… “I’ve never seen you look so confident.” We had just gone roller skating with the youth group. I love to roller skate, have for as […]

Refill, Please

It has been a hard week in the Truett house, and I’ve thought a lot about the Middle Places April theme, (re)Plenish. How do I replenish my spirit when it feels emptier than empty? I shared a little about why last week, and before that post even went live, a related event […]

On Cooties and Keeping Secrets

I have vivid memories of having to skip church one Sunday when I was a kid, because my sister and I had been exposed to lice. We did not actually have lice, but the fear of lice had totally set my mom on edge. I remember panic mixed with anger […]

Sharing stories over coffee and tears

We sit in our little square of four, the rich smells of coffee and the boisterous comings and goings of morning life filling our senses. In our own little ways, we each store away the details for later use in whatever we are currently writing. We lean in close to […]

Building Your Own House

Sometimes, life hands you a reason to be really really really glad you did your job well. There are days, weeks, months, when whatever you are working at is hard. For one reason or another, you are exhausted. You could cut a few corners. You could be a little lazy. […]