It’s time for the August Photo Challenge! Are you getting ready to send kids back to school? Or maybe you’re finally getting out of the office for a family vacation. August is such a busy month as we try to squeeze all the last bits of goodness out of summer without getting too hot. And moms everywhere rejoice the day their kids go back to school and they can wander the aisles of Target in peace or swing by Starbucks and slowly sip their iced chai lattes. Or is that just me?
The Middle Places theme for August is “In the Middle of Learning.” When I was young I thought I’d be done learning when I graduated college. Boy, was I wrong. That was just the beginning of a lifetime of learning! What used to be a drudgery I now often crave. Learning something new makes me excited and opens new possibilities.
So you’ll find a head nod to all things academic and back-to-school-ish in this August Photo Challenge. We’d love to have you join along! Be sure to add #middleplaces to your photo caption to join the hashtag fun!
August Photo Challenge
- Selfie-Are you kids heading to school? Snap a #selfie with them!
- Challenge-Do you have a challenge ahead of you this month?
- Watermelon-It’s National Watermelon Day. Have a slice with me!
- Silly-We could all use a little silly in our lives to lighten the heavy. What made you giggle today?
- Supplies-What do you need supplies for?
- Color-Favorite color? Adult color sheets? Show us some color! #coloring
- Close up-Go on! Zoom in. Get close! #closeup
- Say cheese!-Get your peeps to smile and snap a pic for a happy memory.
- Planner-Whether you’ve got a Happy Planner a Simple Planner or just a pad of paper. Show us how you plan your days.
- Text me-Had a funny text convo lately? Share it with us.
- Quote-What’s a favorite quote of yours? Use a text over photo app and share it. (I love Over & Rhonna Designs!)
- Snap-Are you on Snapchat? Or do you just love to snap? Or maybe you love that old Earl phrase … Oh, snap!
- Fruit-Show us your favorite summer fruit before you bite into it!
- Shadow-Let’s play the shadow game. Or watch for interesting shadows as you run your errands.
- Starts with D-Dog, dinner, daisy. Show us something that starts with D.
- Handwriting-Are you using our Daily Scripture Writing Plan? Snap a pic of your writing and share it with #middleplaces today.
- Outside-Step outside and breathe that steamy summer air. What do you see?
- Favorite things-Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. What are some of your favorite things?
- Art-Whether it’s drawn by your little, by yourself or just something hanging on your wall that you love, share some art today!
- Bag-What’s your go-to bag for toting around your stuff? Or maybe you splurged on a special purse. Go on and show us!
- Explore-Part of learning is exploring and then seeking out knowledge about new things we encounter. Go explore today!
- Gadgets-Do you have a favorite gadget?
- Goal-Set a goal today! Or revisit an old one and see how you’ve made progress. If you’re overwhelmed with a goal, break it into smaller tasks.
- Rest-Sometimes we have to take a rest from the hustle. Show us how you like to rest.
- Dream-Don’t get so consumed with tasks and daily-life-living that you forget to dream, friend. What inspires you?
- Notes-I’m a scribbler of notes. All over the place. How do your notes look?
- Fresh-Sometimes we need a fresh take on an old topic. What’s fresh in your world.
- Words-Words. Words. Words. Do you have a few favorite?
- Clock-Keep your eye on the clock. What time is it?
- Happy-What makes you happy?
- Book-What are you reading right now?