Something you may not know about Middle Places is we’ve recently added an editor to our team, Mikkee Hall. She starts with us on the first and she’s got the monumental task of helping us implement submissions guidelines, setting up an editorial process and style guide and then helping all of the girls who write here implement it. She’s also around to help us be the very best writers possible and we couldn’t be more excited.
This is such an exciting opportunity for growth for the Middle Places blog and I couldn’t have done it all by myself. I’m so grateful to have Mikkee join our writing team!
Now that we have an editor and will be scheduling content in advance, we’re able to open our blog up and invite others to join us. I’m so excited to be in a place that we can finally make an open call for submissions!
If you’re a writer and you’d like to submit a guest post for Middle Places, here’s what you need to know:
- Original content-We’re not a syndicate, so we want your original, unpublished material.
- Number of words-We’re pretty flexible. 500-1,000 words is the target range. Your story is more important than a number, but we also want to keep it short enough to be engaging for our readers, yet long enough to give a sense of value.
- Scheduling & Theme-We plan our editorial calendar a month in advance and will announce a theme each month as well as the deadline to submit that month. So check back often for new writing opportunities. You’ll find upcoming deadlines below. If you have a story to tell that has nothing to do with the theme, but you think vibes with our tribe, send it! We love our themes, but we’ll publish content outside of it from time to time.
- Quality matters-We will edit for the pesky details, but please send your best work. If we love the idea of a post, but need to change formatting significantly or would like any major changes in the content, it may be sent back to you with suggestions on how to rework it.
- Bio-We’ll provide the images for your post, but we’d love to include your face, your short bio, website, and FB & Twitter links with your post rather than our lovely generic “Guest Blogger” profile.
- Promotion-We’ll promote the post across all of our social media platforms and we’d love for you to do the same!
- Compensation-At this time Middle Places cannot provide compensation for guest posts beyond our deep and undying gratitude and the sharing of our platform of approximately 2500 readers per month.
In the Middle of Daring. Sometimes daring looks like climbing mountains, running marathons and the like. But more often it looks like a decisions to react to ordinary circumstances in an extraordinary way. Whether you’ve got a tale of daring that will knock our socks off or daring looks a little more subtle in your life, we’d love to hear all about it.
Deadline: January 1st & 15th
In the Middle of Loving. We live in a world that could use a whole lot more love for our friends, for our families, for our neighbors, for our faith communities, for the marginalized and neglected. Who are you in the middle of loving and what does that look like? All that I know about love doesn’t necessarily look like starstruck lovers. It does, however, look like arduous, unending work that requires great sacrifice. But it is so worth it!
Deadline: January 29th
In the Middle of Preparing. Whether you observe Lent or not, there’s no denying that this is the time of year for preparation … both of the soul and of our lives and the world around us. Spring is coming, as is our celebration of Easter. What are you in the middle of preparing for during this season? How is God using that to grow you and teach you more about Him?
Deadline: February 15th
To submit your post send an email to email@example.com with an attached file or include it in the body of the email.
To find out what inspires the Middle Places tribe, check out our top 10 posts from 2015, or our most popular guest post: In the middle of a Reset. For more detailed information about what we love to share here at Middle Places, you can check out our submissions page. We can’t wait to hear from you!
If you have questions, feel free to fill out the form and send them our way.